Wednesday, March 21, 2012

He's gone.
Last night was one of the hardest decisions of my life that I ever had to make. I had to put down my first dog and bestest friend after 15 great years of such loyal companionship. I just truly knew in my heart that his quality of life was no longer there and I could not bare to see him suffer any longer. He just deteroriated so much in the last two weeks, I just could not kid myself any longer in thinking things would get better for him.

The little guy has greeted me at the front door every day after work and laid with me everynight for the past 15 years and it was so hard knowing he was not there last night, or will be waiting for me when I arrive home this afternoon, or any day after today. He will come no longer to my call or share his silents thoughts with me. A voice far greater than my own has called him home.


And, through tear filled eyes, (and I mean crying like a baby all night and probably for the next few months to come) I thank him for the happy years he spent here with me. And, for his love and loyalty. So, please forgive me if I am not around for a little while...I will be back. It's just really hard right now to try and focus on much of anything else right at the moment. I know in time, this pain will ease and I will go on without him...and just simply cherish all the great memories I have had with him. "I love you my sweet Max boy".

No comments:

Post a Comment