Friday, August 5, 2011

Welcome to the family - 70-200mm 2.8
Remember Sid? I know you do! (Isn't he cute licking the water drops from the grass?) Well, he is not so little anymore. But awhile back, this cute little puppy had knocked my camera off the kitchen table and sent my camera and lens crashing to floor. Glass shattering every where. However, the lens was kind of like Humpty Dumpty. I picked it up through tear filled eyes and put it back together. It would occasionally act up and I would just have to shake it a few times and it would be as good as new. That was up until two weeks ago. My favorite ALL time lens finally died. There was no shaking it back to life. I was so bummed.


So, I got to use this lens a while back. And, I was warned that once I put this lens on my camera I would be forever changed. Well, let's just say it ROCKED my world. The images that came from that lens were pure goodness. I just fell head over heals for that lens. So, when my all time favorite lens decided to finally "crap" out on me, I took my saved pennies and went for it.

Mmmm....that's it right there. I stare at it from across the room and talk to it , like its my baby. And, consistently wipe the drool off my chin. Just kidding! Well, sort of!



Could I have done without this precious gem? Maybe. But, do I want to do with out this lens? Hell no!! Can you really blame me? Especially, when I can be at the back of a church, or across the way (not in your face) and get an image like this?



I don't think the bride and groom would disagree either. And, that makes me really HAPPY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment