Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Mandy + Jason Maternity
The sun shined all day long. I know this because I kept checking out the window all day long an anticipation of meeting up with them later that evening for our photo shoot. But, closer to our meeting time, the skies darkened and turned gray, the clouds rolled in, the thunder sounded in the near distance. I was running late. They were running late. We were crazy texting each other questioning whether we should just reschedule in hopes of better weather.

In the end, we decided to stick it out. We drove to our first location and within minutes, with just a few shots taken, the lighting struck and the raindrops and torrential down pour began. We ran to my car for cover. Waited a few minutes for the rain to let up and drove on to our next location.

Suddenly, the skies opened up and the rain ceased. It could not have been more perfect. I am so in love with just how a few simple clicks of the shutter, I am able to tell their story. And, that is only the beginning of their story. During and after our session, we chatted about labor and delivery and motherhood things to come. I never would have thought in a million years that in a few short minutes of leaving them Mandy would text me to tell me that her water had broken and she was on the way to the hospital.


Mandy you are such a beautiful mama to be. When I look at these images, it truly amazes me that within a few short hours of capturing your "glowing" beauty you would take your journey into motherhood. I am so thankful that we did not cancel and that I was able to capture this special moment in time for the both of you. You guys are going to be great parents. And, thanks for crawling all over the wet grassy fields....I seriously hope that is not what put you into labor!!! Thanks for being such a good sports about it all!!!! I cannot wait to meet your new baby girl!!


To see ALL the images from Mandy and Jason's session click the play button below.







Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment