Monday, November 12, 2012

Sense of humor. I'll be the first to admit...he definitely has his daddy's personality and sense of humor. You cannot keep a straight face most times even when your anger is bursting at the seams. He always seems to have the right comeback for anything. Just like his dad.
So, the other day when I was stewing about something that upset me and had me seeing red, he simply came up beside me and looked at me deadpanned and simply asked with the most serious face "Mom, do you know how my pet fish died"? And, I knew I was in for it. So I replied, "How did your pet fish die Coy?" (Knowing that we do not have pet fish, I knew the punch line was coming). So, I tried to keep my face straight when he simply looked into my eyes and replied so nonchanatly..."He drowned". And, he just walked away all serious never looking back at me. Just left me there to think about the answer and then the laughter just erupted from me and my mood went from being down right angry to being just totally smitten with him. He so cracks me up. And, I love that kid. I love that he can sense my mood and make me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment