Saturday, November 20, 2010

Denial.
As I walked out onto the porch and the frigid air hit my face, I looked about the trees and wondered where have all the leaves gone? I cannot believe autumn is done and winter is in the air. But, I won't (and you can't make me) talk Christmas until we celebrate Thanksgiving.



“To me, photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place... I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them.” ~ Elliott Erwitt


This is one of my most favorite images from the season. I even had it made into a 16 x 20 to display above my bed. It has such a calm, serene feel and that light is just amazing to me. It's one of my most favorite things about photography - I love being able to collect the light. I am a proud collector of light and it brings me great peace and joy and I am thankful this holiday season for that.


I love how the land changes so much from winter, to spring, to summer, and to autumn... it's beautiful to see the work which goes on. Definetely all the more to believe in a higher power above.

No comments:

Post a Comment